Union & Fifth 101: How to Run a successful Union & Fifth Campaign
WHAT IS UNION & FIFTH?
Union & Fifth is a fundraising platform that non-profits use to engage donors by coordinating a closet clean out campaign.We give you all the tools you need to build a campaign to reach out to your donor database and ask your constituents for support.Your donors send their clothes to us. We do all the work to photograph, price and sell them on our website.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The process for donors is simple, and hands off for you. All you have to do is send them to UnionandFifth.com and we take care of the rest.
WHAT DOES MY PAGE LOOK LIKE?
Every non-profit will get the opportunity to customize their donation page. You will send us photographs, and copy explaining your mission, where the money goes and the results your org has had.
HOW DO I RUN A CAMPAIGN?
Union & Fifth will provide your organization with art, photography, logos and copy. Your team uses these modules to build a campaign that best fits your organization including:
- Social Media
- Personal Outreach
- Website Presence
PLAN AN EVENT
There is no way around it, events engage people. Consider hosting a kick off fashion show or cocktail party. Union & Fifth will provide the clothes and support to help your donors get excited about cleaning out their closets. We will provide tote bags and donation kits to make it easy for your donors to complete the crucial next step.
Our experience shows that social media is a great way to support your other efforts.
• Post statuses encouraging donation and buying
• Promote blog posts about what you hope to accomplish and how it works
• Indicate the results i.e. one scarf funds vaccines for x number of kids
• Lets talk about using retargeting together
EMAIL BLASTS & MAILINGS
Email blasts are a great way to remind donors the campaign is happening.
• Union & Fifth will furnish you with a direct link to your “closet” donation page to use within the email.
• Not sure what to say? Take a look at our boiler plate email copy to get inspired.
• Be careful! A single email will not create the momentum you want. Email blasts need to be part of your overall strategy.
PICK UP THE PHONE
A Union & Fifth campaign is a great excuse to contact your donors -- the last thing they will expect is that you want their used handbag!
Identify 10 high-potential donors and ask them to donate a few items. Not only can you raise money, but your donors will feel like they are "doing more" then just writing a check.
INFLUENCER CLOSET COLLECTION
Do you have people involved in your non-profit that are influential? Consider asking them to be part of our Influential Closet Collection.
- You get extra publicity and the association with an influencer.
- They can tell the story of why that are passionate about your charity.
- They get a special collection page, priority placement on our homepage, and potential press.
- You get increased awareness and donations.
- They can do as little or as much as they want to get involved.
ENGAGED DONOR EVENTS & OUTREACH
Think of your various donors. Many are deeply engaged, and are looking for new ways to support you -- asking them to coordinate a 'trunk show' or luncheon to engage their friends in a clean out is a win-win.
OVERALL CAMPAIGN EXAMPLE
• Ask your board for their support.
• Identify the 10-20 donors you can call personally to ask about doing a closet cleanout or to host a cleanout party for their friends.
• Consider a kick off event.
• Support all your efforts with email, social media and blog posts.
• Share results with your donors!
• Be sure your messaging has specific impact. “One handbag can send a student through our program.”